Latest Lockdown Update
Following on from the First Minister’s lockdown update of Tuesday (March 9) and the latest guidance from Tennis Scotland and the LTA, in liaison with sportscotland, we are pleased to issue new information on permitted tennis activity at Titwood.
The updated information for outdoor guidance activities is as follows:
* Doubles are permitted again
• Doubles players (except those from same household) must maintain physical distancing
* Organised group activity/coaching for up to 15 people can resume
* Social tennis resumes next Thursday (March 18) and members can book a place online via Clubspark by clicking on the Thursday court booking but numbers are limited to 15 because of pandemic restrictions. Unfortunately, it will be a first come first basis so please remember bookings go live 7 days in advance. Hopefully the restrictions will only be short-term.
* Saturday afternoon social tennis is still not permitted as it is not an organised session – but the Committee is currently seeking to find a way of re-introducing it and we will update you, accordingly.
For the time being guidance issued by the Committee last week will continue, meaning that members are still only allowed to play for one hour during peak times.
Peak times are:
Saturday: 9 am to 6 pm
Outwith peak periods, if members wish to play for two hours, then a player must book a court for an hour with an opponent booking the second hour. This applies to doubles’ play as well.
Changing courts is not permitted, either, as this is deemed a consecutive hour. If a court remains free after one hour’s play, then players can continue playing.
Scala League ties and inter-club matches are the only exceptions to the measures for the time being.
If two hours are required for a Scala match, please ensure each player books an hour as per the current rules. Bookings showing a member’s name for two consecutive hours will be cancelled.
Please try to book Scala matches outwith peak periods.
Guests are not permitted as we need to ensure there is as much court time available to members as possible. If anyone is looking for a playing partner during this time, please contact coach Stuart Clark (07939 311170)
Can we also suggest: if you book a court but then find you cannot play, could you please cancel online so that your fellow members can book the court. That would be most helpful.
We will continue to monitor the position and we are seeking your continuing full understanding and co-operation in these difficult and unprecedented times.
We are trying our very best to help members play tennis within these new updated guidelines.